|By popular demand, please see a few clarifications regarding registration and travel funding.
- Local TDHHs in the Lower Mainland can fill out a spreadsheet with the names of their students and submit one document. You will still need to fill out and send a signed consent form for each student.
- Teachers who are travelling from areas not in the Lower Mainland must register their students through our online Registration Form (one form per student) in addition to sending in required accompanying forms (funding and consent forms).
POPDHH’s preferred point of contact is the Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing accompanying the students.
Out of Town Districts: Please note that the DHHCW activities as well as accommodations/rooming arrangements are geared towards students grade 6 and up. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Deadline to register: March 1, 2019
TRAVEL FUNDING:Out-of-town students may be funded under certain conditions:
- Out of town students who are competing in the Optimist Contest for the first time
- Out of town students who are attending for the first time but not competing
- Out of town students who have previously competed but haven’t won the first place and wish to compete again
- One time only: First place winners from the previous year will be funded if they would like to attend this year and welcome the new contestants on the stage.
All other students who have already attended in the past (past winners or first time observers) are welcome to attend again but will not qualify for funding.
OPTIMIST CONTEST APPLICATIONS AND SUBMISSIONS:
- Optimist Application Form
- Student’s audiogram
- Video for ASL speeches (if your student wins first place, he/she will be asked to resubmit the speech in written format)
- Written copy for oral speeches
Deadline to submit Optimist documentation: March 13, 2019