Theme: Supporting DHH Students Using the Core Competencies
This year, the POPDHH is hosting the TDHH itinerant conference. Based on feedback, we are trying out a different format to accommodate as many people as possible.
When: April 27th, 2020 9 am to 3 pm
Where: Burnaby Central Secondary School – for out of town TDHHs who are coming for the DHHCW
Online – for local TDHHs and out of town TDHHs who are not joining the DHHCW
Registration: TDHH Itinerant Conference 2020
We have invited presenters who are knowledgeable and will share their experiences working with the BC curriculum and IEPs. A representative from the Ministry’s Audit and Compliance department will give us an overview of special education audit requirements as it relates to category F. There will be opportunities for questions during a panel segment.
All attendees will view the presenters via the Zoom link (provided courtesy of CAEDHH-BC). Local school districts might want to meet in joint meeting spaces for more networking opportunities. Out-of-town teachers coming attend DHHCW will join the conference at Burnaby Central Secondary.
Itinerant conference (online):
- three-hour presentation (Morning Session)
- two-hour discussion panel (Afternoon Session)
- Tracy Pederson- District Vice-Principal, Student Services, Comox Valley School District
- Katelin Miller – TDHH, Comox Valley School District
- Jenny Williams – Special Education Auditor
- Sheryl Morris – District Resource Teacher – Inclusion, Vancouver School District
- Odelia Chiu – TDHH, Vancouver School District
- Yolanda Duncan – District Learner Support Team Coordinator, Surrey
Michel Gagnon – Assistive Technologies Helping Teacher, Surrey
The agenda and additional details coming soon.